INDIVIDUAL REGULATIONS (IREX) for BANGABANDHU 2021
(Revised 8 Sep 2021)
Article 1 – PURPOSE OF EXHIBITION
• BANGABANDHU 2021, FIAP 1st Virtual International Stamp Exhibition shall be held for the following purposes:
a. To commemorate the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
b. To celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Bangladesh Independence 1971-2021
c. To promote friendly relations and maintain close co-operation amongst the philatelists and stamp collectors throughout the world in this COVID pandemic.
d. To promote philately and stamp collecting at the highest level.
Article 2 – ORGANIZATION, DATE AND VIRTUAL PLATFORM
• BANGABANDHU 2021 is organized by Bangladesh Philatelic Federation in accordance with the General Regulations of the Fédération Internationale de Philatélie (FIP) for Exhibitions and supported by Ministry of Post and Telecommunication, Govt. of Bangladesh. BANGABANDHU 2021 is managed and run by an Organizing Committee.
• BANGABANDHU 2021 will open on December 10, 2021, and close on December 30, 2021.
• BANGABANDHU 2021 will be held virtually with unlimited frames.
Article 3 – RECOGNITION AND APPLICABLE REGULATIONS
• BANGABANDHU 2021 is endorsed with the Recognition of the Federation of Inter-Asian Philately (FIAP).
• The following regulations shall be applicable to BANGABANDHU 2021:
a. The General Regulations of the FIP for Exhibitions (GREX)
b. The General Regulations of the FIP for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits at FIP Exhibitions (GREV)
c. The Special Regulations for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits at FIP Exhibitions (SREVs)
d. The Individual Regulations for BANGABANDHU 2021 (IREX)
Article 4 – CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
• Competitive Exhibition Classes:
The Regulations governing the conditions of participation of exhibitions are stated in the articles 9-18 of the GREX. 5.2.
Participation in the Competitive Classes is opened to all collectors who are members of the societies affiliated to member federations of FIAP.
• Non-Competitive Classes:
Entries in non-competitive classes shall be by special invitation at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
• Images of exhibits will be displayed on a public website. The exhibition Committee cannot prevent copying or downloading of exhibit images. However, Organizing Committee will take steps to protect screen shot on curtain browser to minimize downloading action.
Article 5 – EXHIBITION CLASSES
• Non-Competitive Classes
a. BANGABANDHU Corner
b. Invited Exhibits
• Competitive Classes
Class 1: Traditional Philately
b. Rest of the World
Class 2: Postal History
b. Rest of the World
Class 3: Postal Stationery
Class 4: Revenue
Class 5: Thematic Philately
Please indicate clearly in the Exhibit Application Form as to the subclass (a,b or c) the exhibit is entering.
Class 6: Maximaphily
Class 7: Open Philately
Class 8: Modern Philately (1980 onward)
Class 9: Picture Post Card (Experimental)
Class 10: Youth Philately
a. 10-15 years old
b. 16-18 years old
c. 19-21 years old (All ages as of January 1, 2021)
Class 11: One Frame Exhibit
Exhibits in this class should be based on a narrow subject that is best treated as One frame. An extract from a past International award-winning multiple frame exhibits (5 to 8 frames) to One Frame is not allowed.
Awards are presented by Points (60 points to 100 points) and awarded by certificates only. Souvenir medal of BANGABANDHU 2021 will be given to all participants awarded 60 points or above. Certificate of Participation will be given to exhibits attaining less than 60 points. Please indicate clearly in the Exhibit Application Form above which class exhibit applying for the One Frame exhibit.
Class 12: Philatelic Literature
a. Philatelic books and research papers (published on or after January 1, 2016)
b. Philatelic magazines and periodicals (the whole annual volume issued after January 1, 2019)
c. Catalogues (published after January 1, 2019)
Article 6 – JUDGING OF EXHIBITS AND AWARDS
• Exhibits in the Competitive Classes will be judged by the appointed accredited FIP/FIAP judges in accordance with the principles laid down in the GREV and SREVs.
The organizing Committee may also appoint a certain number of Apprentice jurors if approved by the FIAP Coordinator.
• The scan copy of Expertized Certificate must be sent to the Commissioner General if previously asked in any FIAP or FIP exhibition. A small letter © is to be denoted at the right bottom corner of the display sheet.
Article 7 – FRAME SIZE AND ALLOTMENT OF FRAMES
The virtual exhibition frame at BANGABANDHU 2021 shall have a capacity of all FIP recommended allowable exhibit sheet sizes.
• (23 x 29) cm – 4 sheets in one row, total 16 sheets in a frame
• (46 x 29) cm – 2 sheets in one row, total 8 sheets in a frame
• (31 x 29) cm – 3 sheets in one row, total 12 sheets in a frame
• Also, can mix match with Single & Double size page in same frame as like physical exhibition.
• All exhibits must be mounted or prepared on white or light-colored sheets. No exhibit mounted on dark colored or black background sheets will be accepted.
• Every exhibit shall be allowed 5 or 8 frames (except for the classes 10, 11 and 12) according to GREX Articles 6.3 and 6.4.
Class 10: Youth Philately
a. 1 – 3 frames
b. 2 – 4 frames
c. 3 – 5 frames
Class 11: One-Frame Exhibits: 1 frame
Article 8 – APPLICATIONS AND ACCEPTANCE
• Exhibitors shall submit one Exhibit Application Form for each exhibit applied for through the National Commissioner of their respective countries via online through exhibition website www.bangabandhu2021.com
• National Commissioners will notify the OC after the application had been submitted to the organizing committee through the online platform.
• Exhibit online Application form duly filled shall be submitted, together with a copy of the introductory page, in English languages, by October 10, 2021.
• Exhibitors may enter exhibits under a pseudonym. However, their true identities must be notified to the Organizing Committee (GREX Article 16).
• The Organizing Committee shall have the authority to accept or reject the application without specifying the reason.
• Notification of acceptance or rejection shall be sent to the respective Commissioner & exhibitors no later than by November 10, 2021.
• The National Commissioners shall collect the participation fees from the exhibitors and remit them to the Organizing Committee directly by November 20, 2021.
• Each exhibit shall be listed in the exhibition catalogue under its given title as stated in the application form.
• When the title of the exhibit differs from the original title (irrespective of minor or major changes), the previous title of the exhibit must be also stated in exhibit application form.
Article 9 – PARTICIPATION FEE
• There is no fee for Non-Competitive Class entries.
• The participation fee for Competitive Classes (except Classes 10, 11 and 12) is US$25 per frame.
• The participation fee for Youth Philately Class (Class 10) US$10 per frame
• The participation fee for One Frame Exhibit (Class 11) is US$ 40
• The participation fee for Philatelic Literature (Class 12) is US$25 per exhibit.
Bank Deposit / Electronic Transfer
Account Name: BANGLADESH PHILATELIC FEDERATION
Bank name: Prime Bank Limited Bank Account No: 11821060042397 Swift Code: PRBLBDDH016
Bank Address: Gulshan Branch, Plot #6A, Block – CES (F), 72 Gulshan, Dhaka – 1212, Bangladesh
Phone: +88 02 98886171, Fax: +88 02 9884977
PayPal transfer facility also available: email@example.com
Article 10 – SUBMISSION OF EXHIBITS
• Exhibit scans copy as JPG format page by page can be emailed to the Commissioner General, sent via cloud storage link such as dropbox or uploaded on the special file uploader on the exhibition website https://www.bangabandhu2021.com via EXHIBIT UPLOAD menu button by November 15, 2021 by commissioners or directly by exhibitors.
• Commissioner must check that the scans received from the Exhibitor are the scans of the actual exhibit pages with the physical items shown on the scans not the photocopy of the physical items.
• Commissioner will notify submission of exhibits update by November 20, 2021, for his/her country. Commissioner can advise or request to the organizing committee for any image upload or change or data correction on behalf of the exhibitors by 30th November 2021.
• Scans should be at least 300 dpi, (Height 1750 px. Width by default ratio) (Maximum per page 2 MB) and each page consecutively numbered (via the file name) as follows:
PageNo.jpg = 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg…… onwards
Mix match sheet size possible only with single & double sheet size. As like physical, in a row, maximum 4 sheets capacity. So, each row can combination of maximum (4 of single sheet) or maximum (2 of double sheet) or maximum (2 of single sheet & 1 of double sheet) possible. Not any other combination allowed. Sheet size double not possible to place in the last position of each row. For combination mix match frame as followed:
• Exhibitors in the Philatelic Literature Class (Class 12) must send two copies of each title by November 15, 2021, in order that preliminary judging may take place, to the following addresses: one copy to Dr. Prakob Chirakiti, FIAP Co-ordinator (Address: 9/22 Moo 3, Chaengwattana 1, Vibhavadee Rangsit Road, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210, Thailand) and one copy to Mr Tono Dwi Putranto, Deputy FIAP Co-ordinator (Address: Villa Japos Blok H2 No 35, Ciledug Tangerang 15153, Indonesia)
These copies are not returnable. Periodicals may be exhibited as a complete volume only.
Article 11 – ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS
• By submitting the Exhibit Application Form, the exhibitor shall be deemed to accept the stipulations of the IREX, GREX, GREV and SREVs.
Article 12 – RIGHTS OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
• Every exhibitor applying to exhibit at BANGABANDHU 2021 is deemed to have accepted the stipulations of the IREX.
• The Organizing Committee shall have the right to revise the IREX if necessary, with the approval of the FIAP Coordinator. Exhibitors shall be promptly notified by the OC of any of such revisions either directly or through his Commissioner.
• The Organizing Committee shall have the right to adjudicate any problems arising that are not covered by FIP Regulations or by the IREX after the consultation with the FIAP Coordinator, and its decisions shall be final.
Article 13 – CONTACT ADDRESSES
• Bangladesh Philatelic Federation
Address: E-4 Tanaka Tower, 42/1/GA Segun Bagicha, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
• The Commissioner General of BANGABANDHU 2021
Name： Dr. Kazi Shariful Alam
• Exhibition Coordinator of BANGABANDHU 2021
Name： Mohammed Monirul Islam
• The FIAP Co-ordinator
Name: Dr Prakob Chirakiti
• The Deputy FIAP Co-ordinator
Name: Tono Dwi Putranto
• The Website of BANGABANDHU 2021 www.bangabandhu2021.com